The following enhancements will be released on Friday March 3, 2017.
Bulk Changes for Work Orders
Multiple work orders can now be modified or deleted in a single step. This feature is available to customers on the Business and Enterprise plans, and only to users belonging to one of the following roles: Administrator, Bookkeeper, Scheduler, or Service Manager. Supported bulk actions are "Change Status", "Add Comment", and "Delete".
Although we are announcing this feature today, it will be rolled out in phases over the next week or two. If your account is eligible for this feature, it will appear automatically (and without further notice) once we activate it for your account.
|To begin using this feature, select multiple work orders from the list by using the checkboxes on the left side of the list (the checkbox that appears in the header will select all work orders on the current page).|
|Once you've selected some work orders, you can click the "Edit Selected" button on the upper-right corner of the work order list. Note that the button text shows how many work orders have been selected. Select the action you'd like to take on the selected work orders.|
|After selecting an action, a dialog box will appear. In this case, a status change dialog allows you to finalize the bulk action of selecting the new status, adding a comment if desired, and selecting the notification options you'd like to use. You have the option to suppress all notifications to users, while customer notifications can be sent based on the established preferences for each customer, or suppressed completely.|
|Once you click "Save Changes" on the dialog box from the previous step, you'll see a progress bar as the selected work orders are modified.|
|When the bulk action is completed the list will automatically reload and you'll see a confirmation message at the top of the page.|
Work Order Status
Work order status values are now being displayed with a colored box in all work order lists throughout the main and mobile web apps (reports not included). This enhancement makes it much easier to quickly identify and read the status of a work order. The colors also make it very easy to know right away whether a work order is open (green), or closed (dark gray).
New Views for Work Order List
Several new views have been added to the Work Order List, allowing you to filter the list by "Source", which represents how the work order was originated. Sources include email, web requests, customer portal, and recurring work orders. These new views make it easier to focus on incoming work orders from a single source. For example, when you start your day, you might want to focus on new work orders created via email (Source: Email). These new views are available to users that have permission to "View all Work Orders" - which includes the roles Administrator, Bookkeeper, Scheduler, Service Manager, and Lead Technician.
The work order list view entitled "Incoming from Email/Portal" has been renamed to accurately reflect what the view shows. The new name for this view is "Email/Web Requests to be Verified", and displays work orders with a source of 'email' or 'web request' that have not yet been verified. Verification is a process that allows you to verify the information submitted by a customer and make modifications to it for clarification, assignment, etc. All new work orders created via email or web request are marked as "Needs Verification" until the verification process is completed. To verify a work order that is marked with "Needs Verification", simply click on it and verify the information then click the "Save" button.
Updates to the Service Dashboard
The "Service Dashboard" has been updated with several changes in the "Today" section's "Incoming" list:
- We now are displaying the number of new work orders for each source (email, web, etc), along with a link that will display the actual work orders.
- We've also modified the previous information in the "Incoming" list related to unverified work orders. You will now see a line with an exclamation mark icon whenever there are work orders that need to be verified, along with a link to view the list of work orders.
- A new preference has been added to control the default checked state of the "Assign this Work Order" when creating a new work order. If you are a business that almost always assigns new work orders right away, you may want to default that checkbox to being checked, saving you a little bit of time and reinforcing your preferred business process to your team. You can find this new setting in Settings > General > Work Orders, in the "Assignment Options" section towards the bottom of the page.
- Changed the behavior of the "Other Related People" list on work orders. A user can now remove themselves from the list when editing a work order. When creating a work order, the current user will be pre-populated to the list, but the user can remove themselves before clicking the save button.
- Several new export formats have been added to custom reports. The previous export format is now named "Export to Excel File (HTML format)". In most cases, you'll find the new XSLX format to be the most reliable, and although some text formatting (such as font sizes and styles) is not supported in this format, it avoids the warning that often appears when opening the HTML export format in Excel. We recommend experimenting with the various options to find the one that best serves your needs. We're also working to bring these export formats to our built-in reports in the near future.
- An "Attachments" tab has been added to customer records when viewed in the mobile web app. This new functionality also includes ability to add new attachments to a customer record.
- Improved the creation of a new customer while verifying an incoming email work order. The popup customer form now tries to auto-fill the contact name and email fields. The incoming emails details are also displayed at the top of the new customer popup form, for quick reference.
- Updated the "Deleted Work Orders" list to include icons to show which column the list is sorted by.
- When creating/editing an assignment, automatically change the assignment type to "scheduled" when a date/time is chosen from an assignee's calendar popup window.
- Added the ability to force a user to change their password upon next login.
- In the Work Order List, the "Created" and "Closed" columns show the date that a work order was created or closed (respectively). If the work order was created or closed today, we are now displaying the word "Today" along with the time it happened instead of just the date. For example, if a work order was created today at 3pm, we previously would've simply displayed today's date of "Mar 2, 2017", but now we will display "Today @ 3:00pm".
- Numerous performance improvements have been implemented throughout our main web app, mobile web app, and customer portal.
- Fixed: Error when trying to remove the assignment from an existing recurring work order.
- Fixed: When a user creates a new work order via email, they are added as 'related' to the new work order but do not receive an email notification about the new work order, despite having all notification settings configured properly.
- Fixed: AM/PM data is missing in custom reports for Brazilian customers.
- Fixed: Intermittent error when uploading file attachments.
- Fixed: Show correct dates/times when viewing customer comments in mobile web app.
- Fixed: Unable to view customer as a Technician even when assigned to a work order for them.
- Fixed: Modify the 'get' API functions to always return the externalId node, even when there is no externalId value.
- Fixed: In the customer portal, the file count is not accurate.
- Fixed: Recurring Service Requests with End Dates in the past are not restarted when selecting 'Indefinite' as the End Date Type.
- Fixed: Hide the labor rate restriction UI when creating or editing a no-login user.
- Fixed: Customer Portal custom field for "text Multiple line" not displayed in the Customer Portal.
- Fixed: Updated portal password change form to include new password policy verbiage.
- Fixed: Callbacks created by Zapier are never run.