BlueFolder allows you to add custom fields to Customer records, Equipment records, and Work Orders.
Customer Custom Fields
Customer custom fields allow you to track and report on specific data for your customers. An example might be recording how a customer found you. For example, adding 'lead source' as a custom field will give you a place to enter data so that it can be displayed on the customer overview as well as in reports.
Equipment Custom Fields
Equipment custom fields allow you to customize your customer's equipment records to so that they reflect exactly what you want to track. For example, you may want track how long that a specific piece of equipment is protected by the manufacture's warranty. To do that simply add an equipment custom field and enter the date that the warranty expires.
Work Order Custom Fields
Custom Field Types
- Text - a general purpose field that accepts any type of data (letters, numbers, special characters, etc).
- List - a value-list field that allows you to specify a list of values from which users must pick.
- Date - a date field that generates a date picker control for users to pick a date.
- Number - a field that only accepts valid numeric values.
- Yes/No - a field that generates a checkbox control on the screen. Used for true/false values.
Options for Work Order Custom Fields
Custom fields for Work Orders are unique in that you may choose to display them via the Customer Portal (optional upgrade). This is a useful feature if you need your customers to enter specific information when requesting service from your company.