You can customize the Work Order to include or exclude built-in fields that may or may not be applicable to your business.
BlueFolder uses the default term of 'Work Order', however, you can customize this term to match your business (Settings>General Settings>Work Orders.) Your custom term will appear anywhere in BlueFolder that the term 'Work Order' appears.
Customizable Built-In Fields
The following fields can be enabled or disabled:
- Account Manager - Displays the Account Manager if one is assigned to the customer.
- Service Manager - Displays the Service Manager if one is assigned to the customer.
- Detailed Description - A large text field used to describe details about the work being performed.
- Due Date - For time-sensitive work, this field is used to specify the date/time the work must be completed.
- External ID - A text field that can be used to assign an ID that references external data.
- Priority - A value used to determine the importance and/or severity of a problem.
- Type - Used to categorize service work by type.
- Reference No. - A general purpose field that is useful for tracking any additional information you'd like.
- PO No. - Used to identify the Purchase Order number for the job.
You can add unlimited custom fields to Work Orders.
Custom Field Types
- Text - A general purpose data field that accepts any type of data (letters, numbers, special characters, etc.)
- List - A value-list field that allows you to specify a list of values from which users must pick.
- Data - A date field that generates a date picker control for users to pick from.
- Number - A data field that only accepts valid numeric values.
- Yes/No - A data field that generates a checkbox control on the screen. Used for true/false values.
You can choose to have multiple assignments/assignees on a work order. For multiple assignments check 'Allow Work Order Assignments to Have More Than One Assignee'.