When importing items into BlueFolder, you can only import one item type at a time. (If you want to import different item types you will need to import each separately.)
You can import items via the 'Import' menu within the Settings tab. You can use either a comma-delimited (.csv) or tab-delimited (.txt) file.
If you have a list of items that would like to import but they are in an Excel file you'll need to convert the file. Click here to learn more about converting Excel files to .csv
Importing from QuickBooks
To import your items from QuickBooks, you will need to export them. You should do a separate export for Materials, Labor, and Expenses - this will prevent you from having to split the file into three parts when importing it into BlueFolder.
- Launch QuickBooks and navigate to your item listing
- Click the Modify Report button and choose the Filter tab
- Under the Filter list, choose Type. Under the Type drop-down menu, choose the item type you want to export.
- Click OK.
- You can click the Memorize Report button to save the filtering settings for this report.
- Click the Export button and choose to save as a comma-separated (.csv) file.
- In BlueFolder, click the "Import Items" link (found in the Settings tab menu, under "Import").
- Follow the instructions in the BlueFolder import wizard.