User permissions are controlled by roles. The following roles exist in BlueFolder:
- Administrator - can perform all functions in BlueFolder with no limitations
- Bookkeeper - similar to an Administrator, but with less access to account settings
- Scheduler - access to full scheduling functionality and some billing functions
- Sales - access to customer management functionality and some service activities
- Service Manager - similar to an Administrator, but less access to account settings and billing
- Lead Technician - like a Technician but with the ability to add/edit time & materials on behalf of other users
- Technician - limited access that is restricted to things like adding time/materials, changing status, etc.
- Subcontractor - more limited than a Technician, useful for non-employee users
Permissions for the 'Lead Technician', 'Technician' & 'Subcontractor' roles are largely customizable. Permissions for the other roles are built-in to BlueFolder and not customizable.