BlueFolder has a powerful custom reporting tool that allows you to choose exactly the data you'd like to see. Customize report columns (including your custom fields), groupings, filtering criteria, subtotals, and more. Custom reports feature one-click export to Microsoft Excel for further analysis. You can also customize the permissions of your custom reports to protect sensitive data from unauthorized employees.
To create a custom report:
- Click on the Reports tab and then click the New Custom Report button.
- Enter the 'Report Name' and optionally the report 'Description'.
- Decide on the 'Dataset' that you would like to report on.
Choose which Roles will be able to access this report.
- Work Orders - This dataset includes Work Order data.
- Customers - This dataset includes customer data.
- Customer Contacts - This dataset includes customer contact data.
- Customer Locations - This dataset includes customer location data.
- Equipment - This dataset includes equipment data.
- Equipment Service History - This dataset includes data about the service history of equipment records, as recorded in Work Orders.
- Contracts - This dataset includes data about service contracts.
- Work Order Items - This dataset includes Work Order Item data (Labor, Materials, and Expenses).
- Work Order Assignments - This dataset includes data about Work Order assignments.
Click Save and Continue
- Roles can be accessed by going to Settings > Users & Permissions > Role Names. You can also look at your Users tab to quickly see which of your users are assigned what Roles.
'Specify the Report Columns' by dragging and dropping the 'Available Columns' to the 'Selected Columns' box. To delete an unwanted 'Selected Column' click the 'X'. This section of the report builder allows you to specify what columns will be displayed in the report. The columns will be horizontally listed. To reorder the columns simply click on the column name and drag to the desired order.
Click Next to continue to build the report or click Save and Run Report if the report is finished.
If you clicked Next the next step will allow you to customize the report columns 'Subtotals' and 'Date Format'
If the report is finished click Save and Run Report if you would like to continue to customize the report click Next
Select the 'Filter By Date' and 'Date Range'. Define the filters such as 'Assigned to' and the Work Order 'Status'.
'Custom Filters' can be defined to help build a more granular report. Click the corresponding 'Add' button to add a defined filter to 'Match all of the Following' and/or 'Match one or more of the Following.' Click Next to continue to define the report or click Save & Run Report if the report is complete.
The next step allows you to define how you would like to group the report data or 'Group By'. Specify up to three criteria to group by. If applicable, choose the interval (day, week, month quarter, etc.) and then the 'Sort' ascending or descending. Last select the 'Sort Order' and ascending or descending and click Save & Run.
Depending on the report type you create you may have additional options such as 'Time Frame', 'Status', and or user filters. The options are present to help you build dynamic reports that allow you to create one report with multiple results.