Below is a summary of the steps to follow when exporting contact records from Outlook. Please note that these steps may by slightly different depending on the version of Outlook that you are using.
- Launch Outlook with the customer records you want to export.
- Select File > Import and Export... from the Outlook menu.
- Choose Export to a file from the Import and Export Wizard and click Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) from Export to a file dialog and click Next. (Note: If the proper Translator has not been installed, Outlook may prompt you to install it now and you may need your Outlook or Office CD.)
- Choose the Contacts folder that you want to export in the "Export to a file" dialog and click Next.
- Specify a folder and export file name (e.g. c:\My Documents\Contacts.csv) and click Next.
- Click Finish on the "Export to a file" dialog where it confirms "the following actions will be performed".
- You will see an Import and Export progress message and when it is done, your file is ready for import into BlueFolder.
Importing Customer data into BlueFolder
Once you have an export file that you have created, you are ready to import these into BlueFolder. Go to Customers > Import Customer Records. From there you will need to specify the file that you want to import and will be guided through the process.