Below is a summary of the steps to follow when exporting customer records from QuickBooks. Please note that these steps may by slightly different depending on the version of QuickBooks that your are using.
- Launch QuickBooks and open the file that contains the customer records you want to export.
- From the menu bar, select File > Utilities > Export > Addresses to Text File.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for selecting the customer records to be exported.
- You will be required to choose a filename and location for the export file (e.g. Quickbooks_Customers.txt).
- You are now done with the export and may exit QuickBooks - your file is ready for import into BlueFolder.
Importing Customer Data into BlueFolder
Once you have an export file that you have created, you are ready to import these into BlueFolder. Go to Customers > Import Customers. From there you will need to specify the file that you want to import and will be guided through the process.