Billing Batch Options help you tailor what information is sent to your accounting system.
As an Administrator, you're most likely to access the Billing Batch Options by going to:
Settings > General Settings > Billing
As a User (Bookkeeper and/or Service Manager), you're most likely to access the Billing Batch Options when creating a Billing Batch and clicking 'Batch Options'.
OPTIONS FOR BILLING SYSTEM INVOICES
- Single Invoice Per Customer
- Include Work Order 'Detailed Description' as a line item on the invoice
- Include item date at beginning of invoice line item descriptions
- Include public item comments as part of invoice line item description
- Include taxes (uncheck this option if you have taxes turned off in QuickBooks)
- Mark invoices as 'To Be Emailed'
- Mark invoices as 'To Be Printed'
Single Invoice Per Customer
If you select 'Single Invoice Per Customer' each BlueFolder Work Order will create a separate invoice in your accounting system. If you do not select this option, all of the Work Orders in the 'Bllling Batch' will be merged into one invoice in your accounting system.
Include Work Order 'Detailed Description' as a line item on the invoice
This option allows you to decide if you want the Work Order 'Detailed Description' to be included on the accounting system Invoice. If selected, the 'Detailed Description' will be added as a line item to the invoice.
Include 'Item Date' at beginning of invoice line item descriptions
This option allow you to include the date the item was added to the Work Order to the invoice line item. If your invoices already have a specific column for date, then this would be a redundant setting.
Include 'Public Item Comments' as part of invoice line item description
When labor, materials, and expenses are added to Work Orders, comments can be added to further define the items. Comments can be added as public or private. This option will send only the public item comments to the invoice 'Item Description' in your accounting system.
If you're not using Taxes in QuickBooks, or if you prefer to not include Taxes in your Billing Export, do not select this option.
Tip: If Taxes are turned off in QuickBooks and Taxes are turned on in BlueFolder, you will receive an error message and the import/transfer will not work.
* Note: You can learn more about QuickBooks invoicing at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/invoicing/