You can import Equipment records from any program that allows data to be saved in text format.
You can import files in two formats:
- Comma-Delimited (.csv)
- Tab-Delimited (.txt)
If you don't know what to choose, start with comma-delimited and click Continue to preview the data. If it looks wrong, return to the first step and try tab-delimited instead. You must also specify whether the first row of your file contains column headers or data.
In the second step of the import process, you will be able to map the fields of your import file to the appropriate record fields in BlueFolder using drop-down fields. Any custom fields you have set up will appear as an option at the end of the drop-down field list of values.
Each Equipment record must have its own row in the import file. A customer with mulitple equipment records, therefore, will have a separate row entry for each piece of equipment. You must specify the customer name for each piece of equipment.
'Customer Name' and 'Item Name' are the only required fields for each Equipment record.
BlueFolder has built-in support for tracking equipment owned by your customers. You can customize the fields that are part of equipment records.
Customizable Built-In Fields
The following fields can be customized:
- Equipment Type - A list field that is used to categorize equipment by type.
- External Id - A text field that can be used to assign an Id that references external data.
You can add unlimited custom fields to equipment records.
Custom Field Types
- Text - a general purpose data field that accepts any type of data (letters, numbers, special characters, etc).
- List - a value-list field that allows you to specify a list of values from which users must pick.
- Data - a date field that generates a date picker control for users to pick from.
- Number - a data field that only accepts valid numeric values.
- Yes/No - a data field that generates a checkbox control on the screen. Used for true/false values.