Each work order progresses through a series of status values during it's life cycle. By default, a work order starts with a status of New.
The following status values are pre-loaded into your BlueFolder account:
- New - This is the default status for new work orders
- Assigned - Indicates that a work order has been assigned to a technician
- Postponed - Use this status to indicate that a work order is postponed
- Work Complete - This status indicates that the technician(s) has completed the required work. This status is useful for indicating that the work is complete but back-office tasks (such as billing) still need to be completed
- Closed - Indicates that the work order is fully completed
Status values are fully customizable, except for status values of New and Closed, which cannot be changed. All status values other than Closed are considered Open statuses, but Open is not a status value to be included in the list.
Customizing Work Order Status Values
- Go to Settings > General Settings > Work Orders.
- In the Built-in Fields section, click the Edit List Values link next to the Status field.
- In the pop-up window that appears, you can add a new status by clicking the Add a Status button, then typing a name, selecting a color, and clicking Add. Once inserted, you can use the Up or Down buttons to re-order it's position in the list.
- You can also delete a status value from the list by selecting it, then clicking the X button.