Increase efficiency, eliminate duplicate-entry, and get paid faster. BlueFolder communicates with your Quickbooks Desktop account to create invoices with all of the detail from your BlueFolder Work Order, while automatically creating new customers and items if they don't already exist in your Quickbooks Desktop account. Here's a brief overview of how BlueFolder works with Quickbooks Desktop, and how you can set-up integration between the two.
VIDEO: Let us show you in 8:58 minutes.
Communication with Quickbooks Desktop
BlueFolder will make a live connection with your Quickbooks Desktop account to "push" information from BlueFolder to QB Desktop, eliminating the time-consuming process of data re-entry.
Create a Billing Batch
BlueFolder tracks all of the data necessary for customer billing, including materials, labor, expenses, and tax associated with a work order. After the details for each work order have been finalized, you can select a group of work orders that are ready for invoicing and export them to QuickBooks as invoices.
- Click on the Billing tab on the main navigation bar
- Click the New Billing Batch button/link
- Use the filtering criteria to locate and select the work orders you want to include in the batch
- You can specify options that control what details are included in the batch by clicking the Batch Options button
- When you've finished selecting everything to be included in the batch, click the Save Batch button
- You now have a saved billing batch that is ready to be transferred to QuickBooks
Download the Quickbooks Import Tool
- Navigate to the 'Billing' tab within BlueFolder
- Hover over the Billing Tab and Click on Download QB Import Tool
in the drop down menu
- Once the file is downloaded, select the file, and click Open. The Quickbooks Import Setup Wizard will start
- The Quickbooks Import Wizard will guide you through the installation of the QB Import Tool
Launch the Quickbooks Import Tool to Import Your Billing Batch and Integrate BlueFolder with Quickbooks
- A shortcut for the QB Import Tool should have automatically been saved on your Desktop, click on the icon to launch the tool
- Make sure you are also logged in to your Quickbooks Desktop account
- Once the QB Import Tool has launched click the Browse button and select the file you'd like to import to Quickbooks. Files are time and date stamped for better recognition
- Click the Start Import button
- Quickbooks automatically recognizes that it has not been integrated with BlueFolder yet and will ask for a certificate to be granted.
- Follow the wizard through this certification process
- Once you've selected Done at the completion of the certification process the QB Import Tool will automatically begin importing your chosen file
- The Import Log will show which Work Orders were successfully imported into Quickbooks Desktop during this import
- You may now go into your Quickbooks Desktop account and see which information was imported
Supported Versions of QuickBooks
The BlueFolder QuickBooks export process outlined here is supported by QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Desktop 2006 and newer. Older versions of QuickBooks are not supported. To find the latest updates for your version of QuickBooks, visit http://www.quickbooks.com/support/updates.html.
Unfortunately, Intuit (the company that makes QuickBooks) only provides tools to integrate with the Windows version of QuickBooks. The Mac version of QuickBooks is not supported. We recommend using QuickBooks Online instead.